Salle Mauro accepts students beginning at the age of six. World class instructors will work with your child in both group lessons and individual instructional sessions. The following is just a glimpse of what your child will learn in our camp:
- History of Fencing
- Proper training exercises to increase fitness levels, flexibility and overall health
- Fencing fundamentals to be successful
- Equipment management
- Rules:”Right of way”
- Choice of weapon: Epee, Foil, Saber
- Individual and Tournament Fencing
- Fencing games and fun!
Our Cavalier Camps are designed with the beginner in mind. Aimed at Kids age 6-12, we teach fencing in a fast-paced, fun environment. Games designed to increase conditioning, coordination, and quick thinking form a basis for our activities. Fencers will learn the proper
stance, how to move, attack, and defend, and some basic strategies and tactics. Fencers who complete the camp receive a $100 discount on the club membership fee when they join the club.
We use PayPal.com for online registration for our camps. You can also download the flyer and mail it to us if you prefer.
- Daily training and individual instruction will be geared to help the fencer. Strengthen fundamentals and tactical skills.
- Extensive electrical bouting will take place each afternoon during which coaches will providefeedback on technique and on-strip strategies.
Download camp Flyer: Salle Mauro Summer Camp 2018
$195, with a $75 non-refundable deposit due on registration.